USA - day 22

Pennsylvania 

Just when I think in starting to get used this hot weather it seems to get hotter! Forgot to turn the air conditioner on before I went to sleep and woke up several times last night too hot! Anyway I still managed to sleep until half eleven today. 

We headed to Allentown to meet another of Nikkis pals (Tara) for some frozen yogurt and it was yumm! One thing I think the Americans do well is yummy sweet treats and I have made the most of trying as much as I can while I'm over here :) Nikki and I then drove to the movie theatre where we watched "we are the Millers!' And it was HILARIOUS! We loved it? Nikki and I were laughing our heads of all e way through, reminding me again how alike we can be sometimes 😊

After the movies we drove through the Moravian College campus where Nikki goes to Uni towards the Lehigh Valley Hooligans rugby practice! And I joined in with their conditioning training (which almost killed me in that heat! but I persevere till almost the end!) haha it was a good laugh and the girls are lovely! An extra bonus was that the rugby men's training was on the same field at the same time 😍haha a good incentive to keep going! Lol anyway after training we headed over to the velodrome to watch Nikkis cousin Monica race her bike! It was pretty ace! I've never seen tack racing in real life before so this was another first to tick off my list of experiences :D We met up with Nikkis dad and her aunt here and we grabbed a beer and a burger for dinner before settling ourselves in the stands to watch the racing. 

At the veladrome watching he bike racing! 

I was pretty tired again after another day filled with stuff! So when we got home we just chilled in front of another movie with Lisa (Nikkis mum) till bedtime! Another brill day! 😊

Comments

Popular Posts