Wairiri Buffalo Farm - days 6 & 7

Tuesday

It was business as usual all day today. Noting new happened but I got some nice photos so here is my day till lunchtime when I simply chilled in the sun till dinner, helped make dinner then went to bed! Haha I’m surprisingly knackered after not doing very much today, I am settling in very well here though and getting on really well with everyone here (including the animals who now come for a chat when they see me coming! :)) 
 
Pixie, Zorro and Rascal; the horses.

 
There are 7 heifer calves; Terra, Dahla and Steph are the most friendly and sociable though (and my faves!)

 
Sorry for the blog being a bit boring (and running behind!) at the moment, I’m getting a feel for the place and getting started with some big tasks. I’ll be helping more in the cheese room soon and that will be more interesting and maybe I’ll have a bit more to day about it too. 


Wednesday 
Buffalo milk Lemon Ice-cream with an apple turnover; a delicious wee after lunch treat!!

Chloe finished school a bit early today so we got to go riding! Yippee!! Half way bought my second month in NZ and I finally got to go for a wee hack! Rascal hadn’t been out all winter, and although she was a bit funny at first she quickly relaxed and the four of us (and Ruby the dog!) had a really lovely hack. We went out a gravel road for about 15 mind, out towards a native Forrest and a pine logging Forrest. I’ll go back this way and take some more pictures of foot as it wasn’t appropriate in horseback (especially one that hadn’t been ridden all winter haha!)
 
 

 
Chloe then did some jumping with Zorro and I was able to giver her a few wee riding tips (that I could remember from pony club or had picked up from Sheenas sessions in Clevedon :)) 

 
(I have better images of the buffalo on my camera but not had access to a computer in a while, hopefully this weekend)


Comments

Popular Posts