Wairiri Buffalo Farm - Days 10 & 11

Saturday
Today was a really full on day of something completely different but also something that felt completely natural and at home to me: selling cheese at the Lyttelton market! (Thanks Cranachan & Crowdie for the skills and the chat 😉) 

We left the farm early at about 7:15 and headed towards Christchurch with a car packed full of tastes, stock and our whole pop up shop; gazebo/table/tasting stuff (there was a lot in the car!) Not to mention Chloe, Lucy and I! 

We arrived and set up and were having customers before the market even opened at 9. It was constantly busy from then on, and as my experience in working in a retail deli taught me, the stories sell! I chatted away and let Lucy and Chloe take breaks as I was really enjoying being back in this retail environment.  I did get some breaks myself though and got to stroll up and down and enjoy this terrific wee market. 

   

The market closed about 1:30 and we packed up quickly and headed to the Ice skating ring where Chloe had arranged to meet her cousin and go ice skating. I was also invited o John, which I kind of did, but I just watched as Ice Skating is neither an interest of mine or my forte! It was really lovely to spend time worth Chloe and her cousin and the rink had a funky and relaxed vibe, there was also a really handy cafe which hot food and plenty of cups of tea! 



Sunday 
After finishing my morning chores of feedin and cleaning it was time to pop back to Springfield for a visit! And YAAAY, it was a SUNNY day!!! When I arrived Frances was out in the garden planting veggies and Graeme was playing around with their new camper trying to make some amendments and alterations. 

It was so nice to see them both again, and they made it very clear that the feeling was mutual. I helped Frances in the garden: we planted some flowers in hanging baskets, did some weeding, and made preparations for some sweat peas to be planted soon. We also made extra sure that the chooks couldn’t get to these newly planted things as there had been a disaster earlier in the day where they had almost stripped bare a row of lettuce and silver beets that Frances had planted! Eek!!

Because it was such an awesome evening (not that we needed much of an excuse, we decided to crack out the BBQ for the first BBQ of the season! Oh BOY was this a treat, and the treats we had were gooooooood!!!! 

 

 



We drank bubbles, ate too much, and sat and chatted for a wee while, but we were all pooped by 10:30 (that was a late night for us haha!) It is VERY nice being so close, and I feel that we’ve already really made up for so much lost time growing up :) lovely!! 

Comments

Popular Posts