Collingwood - Day 1



(Tuesday 3rd October) 
Waking up this morning was fantastic! I was officially in holiday mode (I know, it's kinda. Even three easy and relaxing weeks for me!!) but today, with Franny and Graeme, I just felt so at ease and at home with Family as I have this whole trip so far! Opening my curtains I looked out at a lavender garden. 



Breakfast was fantastic, it was the most beautiful and breathtaking view to eat my muesli, lookingoit over the estuary. 



After breakfast we headed for another walk along the beach just to stretch out legs before we headed out on an exploration in the car.
  

First stop was Wharariki beach, upon lots of recommendations! These phone pics really don't do it justice! 

  

  

We had a wee packed lunch and some beers overlooking the beach, but since it was blowing a total hoollie we didn't stay long and we jumped back into the yute and headed towards the Kaihoka lakes.

Kaihoka lakes were a but of a dissa, but there was a great wee bush walk around the edge of them. 
 

We got back to the house while the sun was still pretty warm so we walked on the beach again, Graeme collected some shells for fishing bait, 

  

 

Frances made delicious pork chops and veg for dinner, and we chilled in the sun till the sunset. Amazing! 


Comments

Popular Posts