Wairiri Buffalo Farm - Days 13 & 14

Tuesday
I know that I keep saying this but, today was a REALLY busy day! Hahah but today really was! From quite early in the morning we were cleaning in the shed and around the cheese room preparing for a group of classic car owners who had booked a tour of the farm and cheese room, and also meet the buffalo. 


I helped Lucy and Jackie set up, make coffees, served cake, told the folk about my experiences working as a wwoofer on the farm  and also took them down to feel the baby buffalo their stretch water. It was a gorgeous sunny day and spirits were high, everyone was really relaxed and enjoying themselves and they bought a lot of cheese (yippee!!). Their cars were also really cool! They had driven down from Nelson down the west coast and back up to Canterbury over a few days. 

  
 

I rested then went to go pick up Chloe. And after making homemade pizza for dinner I then went out to help Lucy and Kim making mozzarella and stretchatella. We worked till about 10:30pm! Straight to bed, knacker f after a mental day!



Wednesday 

Relatively quiet day today after how busy yesterday was! A slow morning enjoying my breakfast in the sun on ththe deck, then I cleaned the windows round the house, the cheese room and the dairy shed machine room. 


After lunch I sat in the sun and read my book in the sun, till I picked up Chloe from the bus. 

After dinner I took some cool pics of the buffalo. The best ones are in my camera but here are a few I took on my phone. 

  

Comments

Popular Posts