Wellington to Nelson


(Sunday 1st October)
Wow, how the flip is it October already?!? Spring vibes are starting to become more common; we had coffee, and I had my breakfast, out on the deck this morning quite comfortably. 
 

Andrew took me to one of th city farmers markets, something I always love doing in a new city, it's always so interesting what the local produce is! And gee whiz they have almost everything grown here, and some extra! Haha (pics on my camera) 

Unfortunately ten after popping back to have another coffee (I've had more coffee here ham I did at Driving creek cafe, how did that happen?!) it was time to head to the interisland ferry and head south! 

 

I must admit that I tried sitting outside so that I'd get more pics, but as soon as we left the shelter of Wellington harbour it got windy and cooolld!!! I did pop out occasionally but seriously no camera could capture this epic landscape worth enough 'wow factor'. Especially when we came in through the islands towards Picton it was simply mesmerising!  The ferry took about 3 hours, it was bigger than The Loch Seaforth back home but the journey distance was a bit longer. Upon arriving in Picton, a supposedly quiet little town similar to Oban, I had to get straight onto a bus to Nelson where I'd be staying tonight.


It's an awesome hostel with a great atmosphere and functional spaces and it's clean!!! So, I'm a little bit gutted to have only booked one night here but with meeting up with two friends tomorrow Franny and Graeme, and with having that extra day with Andrew and Craig, I don't rebated anything!! I'll just have to come back! 😅

Comments

Popular Posts