Wairiri Buffalo Farm - Days 17 & 18

Saturday
Lunch <3

Market day! Myself and Chloe ran the market stall today in Lyttelton today. We were up at 6:30 having breakfast as Lucy and Christo packed the car. I then drove us the one hour journey through Christchurch to the small port town of Lyttelton, where Wairiri Buffalo, and many other local farmers and producers, have a stall every Saturday. As I mentioned in my post last Saturday, it’s a really busy wee market with about 50 stalls, mostly food and drink stuffs but also some crafty ones too. It has a very pleasant environment and an easy going vibe that also reflects in the customers. 

I was a little nervous, not about running the stall, but for driving into Christchurch city, which I have avoided doing till now - driving into cities I mean. But between Chloe (the 13 yr old) navigating and the trusty Google Maps as backup we managed just fine! He market ran smoothly from 9 till 1 and we then delivered some cheese orders in Christchurch town before taking Chloe to the ice rink again, today way their Halloween party!



We were backing by 5:30 and I was totally pooped, concentrating hard on the Driving and the stall all day! 


After dinner I took a wee walk just to move my bones after standing or sitting sill most of the day! The sunset was gorgeous and the light  was just awesome for photos (more from my camera coming soon)



And yes Mam, Dad and Catriona, I’ve been adopting Chloe’s Crocs!! And I may soon be converted to them myself!


Sunday

I had a few chores before heading over to Springfield for my “weekend” off (Sunday and Monday); cleaning the shed and helping Chloe ride for a bit - not that she needed help, we both just enjoy it. 

Ir was already starting to get really hot in the morning, but as I get sprayed with water and shit when I’m cleaning the shed, I had to laugh at my combination of overalls and shorts! Not an issue that I face at home often!!
 

I reached Springfield in time to have lunch with Frances and Graeme. We enjoyed just some of the amazing cheese that Lucy sent along with me! Thanks Lucy!! 

There was also a lovely Scottish flat on the flag pole for my arrival which was awesome!! 



 

After lunch Frances had some shopping to do so the pair of us left Graeme working away in the garden and headed for Oxford for a wee afternoon out. Frances enjoyed some girly  retail therapy, as did I although she was the only one that bought anything; shoe bought a lovely summer dress and a new sun hat. We enjoyed a coffee in the sun and shared a bit of cake - and got mistaken for mother and daughter twice - before doing our food shop and heading home. 

 

Spotted this awesome PINK Thunderbird car! Want!

In the the evening we enjoyed another BBQ, with steaks and Halloumi and then had a lovely long FaceTime call with my mum and dad, which Franny also loved!! A lovely day with this pair, as always! 

 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts