Wairiri Buffalo Farm - Days 8 & 9



Thursday

Today I had a day off! And it was HOT! Yippeeeee!!! I had arranged with Manu, the German guy who was over at Lucy’s for dinner earlier this week, to go out hiking today, so I was SO glad that it was a nice day!
  


We headed up the Rakaia Gorge walkway, and had an earlyish start at 9am. The views on this trip were simply stunning! The Meltwater was still coming down the river from the Mt Hutt Ski Fields and so the river still had that magnificent milky turquoise blue colour. 
  


The road was pretty wet at time but nothing too major, although poor Manu did get his shoe stuck in the mud and stepped right out sock in mud, quite early in the route! 
Didn’t kill his vibe though and we both enjoyed having some company while walking. 

  

 

Mt Hutt was on the horizon the whole time and we got to see a variety of views of this great range! This pic below was one of my favourite views though; looking across he flat grasslands and it just rises up on the horizon! This view is not uncommon around these parts, the Canterbury Plains are surrounded by epic hills and mountain ranges, but none wuite compare to Mt Hutt, so far anyway!! 



I went into Methven for lunch, I was absolutely starving by then, and thoroughly enjoyed it when I finally got it! It was a scorcher of a day and so I just sat in the sun and chilled for a bit before heading back to pick up Chloe from the school bus. 
    
Follow me on Instagram to see more regular updates on my Insta-story @fionarenniephoto


Friday 

My days are beginning to have a regular routine again, which is nice!! Today was another nice sunny day (probably not warm enough for shorts, but as any other Scottish person abroad, I was making the most of the little bit of sun there was!!) Plus, my logic was, if I get wet or dirty cleaning the shed the I’ll dry quicker than wearing jeans! Haha.


Myself, Jackie, and Lucy for a bit, were doing a really big clean up in the dairy Shed for this upcoming inspection. Literally at it from after feeding the animals, with a couple of food and coffee breaks, all day till dinner time! Phew was I knackered!! 

Lunch was fried buffalo Halloumi on toast! 


I swear I’m wearing shorts under this Mac! Haha
Cleaning even the tops of the railings and gates, and the ceiling and rafters from all the grime! Everything was very shiny afterwards. It was an early bed after dinner for all of us! 

Comments

Popular Posts