Coromandel - Days 2 & 3

Well, I had a GREAT nights sleep last two nights, in a very comfortable room at Marijke's home. Her wee flat is within a five minute walk from the cafe where I spend most of the days. Both the flat (a rented part of a bigger house) and the cafe are built on two separate community plots. Back in the day some young couples and families wanted to buy land but it would have been too expensive for just one family so the grouped together and bought land as a community. This has been an interesting perspective of micro community land ownership (compared to the scale that I've been used to working with for the past year) and it works very differently. I'd love to explore this topic of conversation more, but have yet to meet anyone who was part of the original sale, or knows too much about it, but I'll carry on asking. Many of these houses change hands quite often.



 

Work wise; I've been given a nice big list of things to to, some for rainy days and some for dry days, from gardening to cleaning and tidying, to some DIY jobs. As I mentioned in my previous post I was painting some signs, well there are a good few signs that need a bit of a freshen up so that's a great wee job to take a break from the garden tidying that's quite heavy going, or to do when the rain starts (which is quite often at this time of year). Yesterday I pained these signs (shown below) but I have another three to do when I get a chance! 

   



In between the showers I did however get a lot of weeding and tidying up done today! I'm wishing now that I got a before shot, but not to worry, there will be plenty more opportunities for this as the garden at the cafe needs a lot of work! Still, all those pebbles used to be overgrown grass, I tidied up the rockery, weeded, and that soil is now ready for some new plants to be planted in it! 

  

Another bonus of working (WWOOFing) for the lady who owns a cafe is the free lunches (and teas/coffees) and they are AMAZING!!

The cakes and bakes are pretty delicious too, I'm going to have to get careful here not to over indulge! 
      

I did take Marijkes bike into town this evening (a good 20min cycle) to the supermarket, mostly for a spin but ended up getting some snacks and stuff for dinner too, and I did feel that the cycle made up for all the cake I ate over today and yesterday! Phew, it was downhill all the way there, but the way home was a toughie!! Haha nice ride though, and her bike has a basket (I love it!!) Anyway that's all my news for now! Visit my Instagram for more pics and my random updates through the day. 

Comments

Popular Posts