Coromandel - Days 4 & 5

Anther day of weeding and tidying in the garden, and then a day off! 

 (Thurs 14th Sept)
Not really much to update with yesterday as I spent another satisfying day out in the garden. I was mostly weeding the beds that people see when they walk into the cafe, although the were done relatively recently compared to the rest of the garden, there is still a lot of tidying to do! Things grow so fast here , so when spring finally starts showing things will just shoot up! I've found some more lovely paving stones that were covered over my grass but hey need a bit of re-adjustin to be made safe (any suggestions as to how I do this? Thinking of using sand underneath then filling in the gaps with gravel? But open to suggestions!) 

 

Cutting back shrubs, pulling out over grown filler plants and clearing away rubbish from the winter took up most of my day but it was satisfying to see small progress being made. 

I did take a lot more breaks today (since I'm only supposed to be working 4 hours a day!! 😅) but the ambience of the cafe is so nice, and I enjoy spending time there whether it be reading or sketching or just sitting with a cup of tea, that I really don't mind that I'm there for sometime 7 or 8 hours! The staff as Marijke are so nice too, and town is just a bit too far to just pop in, so I really don't mind just chilling at the cafe.  I'll do some research tonight on what to do on my next day off (after tomorrow)! 

My day off! (Friday 15th Sept)

Long lie!! (Till 9am, who even am I?!) still it was nice haha I woke up to warm sunny weather so I had to make the most of my day! 

I had a slow morning, I had my breakfast in the sun and then sat with my cup of tea sunning until my washing was ready to be out out. I then took Marijkes bike on another spin, this time out through town towards Long Bay beach and Kaori reserve. 9ish miles in total and it was a lovely sunny day for it!  

    


 

  


I got back to the cafe about 1:30, just in time for lunch! I had another of the delicious items on the menu, today it was the savoury granola with middle eastern salad, and sumac and cinnamon spice, cumin seeds and sundries tomatos and pecans ...just YUM 😍🌿 The fresh juice is called The Blaze of Glory - carrot, ginger, apple and orange (all freshly juiced!). 
 

My new pal Cindy, the artist, is painting this beautiful mural on th wall of the cafe! Isn't it looking great!!  I loooooovvvee this cat! The lovely Cindy also gave me two pairs of her old jeans, one didn't fit right but I have a lovey new-to-me pair of paint splattered jeans!i can't not mention the old woollen jumper that Marijke donated to me yesterday to keep me cozy (it wasn't her colour anymore, but it suited me!) People here are so generous and giving, the hippy reputation of Coromandel is still very evident and I LOVE it !! I do wish that I had a car though as there are a few places that the bike is just too far for! 

  

The rest of the afternoon was simply spent reading in the sun on the deck outside the cafe,  eating a wee cake and drinking peppermint tea. Delightful. 

Comments

Popular Posts