Coromandel - Days 10 & 11




Before I start properly with today's blog I just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who has been reading my blog, and to those who have got in touch to tell me how they've been enjoying reading it :) It started as a space for me to keep my digital journal and photographs (and a way to let my parents know that I'm ok) but it's been a really pleasant and motivating surprise that folk are reading and enjoying my wee updates. So, thanks for reading and for writing to let me know, I hope my noncence talk continues to be entertaining!! It makes home feel a lot closer somehow. 

Ok enough waffling! 




(Wednesday 20th Sept)
Some garden transformations in the works today! This section was the biggest and most obvious transformation, the pics show the before and after! I'm very proud of this :D 

It was a gorgeous sunny day again, not that I really had time to work on my tan, but my hands and face are getting a bit of colour 😂 oh man, going to have to work on balancing my colour before Nikki's wedding in May!

Anyway, I was done in the garden before lunch and after enjoying a lovely granola salad (again!! It's too good not to enjoy at least twice a week!) I just chilled in the sun with my book, some freshly picked manadarins and my smoothie! Spoilt! 

 

☀️ Sunny are good days. I also hung out with Bernie and this wee cutie once they came back from town. Van the man wearing my sunglasses! Spending time with a 2 year old is good for your soul, make you feel young, at least in small doses it does 😂! 

  

Bernie then made dinner for us in the evening and we all chilled and chatted till bedtime.


(Thursday 21st Sept)

Back to the rain today :( Heavy rain all morning and it was evident in the cafe which was so so quiet bar from myself and the two staff, Chelsea and Joleigh. Chelsea made savoury scones which are lush!! 



I then sat down and really studied my flight options for going to America next April! Yes, I'm going to America too, that trip is almost especially for one of my best pals' bachelorette party then wedding!! I ended up just booking the flights as they were quite cheap. Yippeee!! That did take up almost all morning though and by the afternoon I got on with some work!

Today's task was to start looking at recovering some cafe tables with old book covers (books that were otherwise heading to the skip!) The tables are too wet to do the work today though so it was just a case of looking out a set of new covers to replace the existing ones. 



It's actually a lot more challenging than you'd think though because even though I have all these boxes of books to look through I struggled to get covers that were either in good enough condition to use or just aesthetic enough...there are a lot of rubbish covers out there haha!



It was a lovely sunny afternoon even though it was a bit cold so after playing jigsaw with these covers and trying to make a nice layout, I just sat in in the sun till Marijke finished work. 


We then offered to deliver some bags of local coffee to a cafe up further north in Colville. Marijke and I used that as an excuse to explore the northers road a bit further in search of a good spot to watch the sunset. We headed up the road towards Port Jackson. (The whole way up I was thinking of my ex-boss Lisa who's maiden name was Jackson, did you say you had NZ connections, Lisa? Haha) 

Anyway the following pics are from various points along that road. Marijke drove up and then I took over driving on the way back. We had a quick scrambled egg dinner with local eggs then early bed as we were both pooped!! Haha this is becoming a pattern ;)

  





 

 

Comments

Popular Posts