Wairiri Buffalo Farm - Days 29 & 30

Thursday 9th Nov
Today was a constant battle between me and the Weed-eater. Weird kiwi word of the day - Weed-eater = strimmer. I’d work for a wee while and then it would over heat, work a bit more and it ran out of fuel...a bit more and it overheated, very frustrating so I gave up at lunchtime, unfinished. 

 

I’m really going to miss having these fresh eggs for breakfast everyday, it will only be a wee while I’m sure but seriously, yum! 

 

After lunch I chilled with my book  (e-book really since I’m reading The Songlines by Bruce Chatwin on my iPad at the moment. Ebooks are so great for traveling!) till dinner time which I helped Lucy make. We watched a film together for a while but Chloe had school the next morning so we switched it off half way though, I sometimes forget that she’s only 13! 


Friday 10th Nov
Painted the mazanine floor for almost all morning and gave it a second coat after lunch. I was painting under and around oily machinery and the mezzanine looks out over the dairy Shed so it’s never clean, even after you’ve just cleaned it. Anyway I enjoy painting so thus wasn’t really a bad chore for me :) 

  

Again, I relaxed all afternoon: read my book, watched few Netflix shows, and helped make dinner - a yummy curried chickpea stew with potatoes and asparagus! Yummy 

Comments

Popular Posts