Queenstown - Wanaka- Fox

Friday.

Today was such a long day it kinda feels like it’s been several days! Ruth and I did so much on the journey up form Queenstown to FoxGlacier and had just the BEST time traveling up in the car together!! 

We left Queenstown about 10am and honestly climbed the biggest hill to get out of the city that I thought poor wee Barry-the-box (my car) wasn’t going to make it!! Haha anyway we did make it and stopped at ththe top to admire the beautiful view back down onto the city. 

The journey was going to take us about 5 hours so we stopped several times for photos and wee breaks and just generally admiring the phenomenal views!

 

The first stop was in Wanaka, which isn’t far out of Queenstown but we had arranged to meet up with Ross for a coffee (Graemes son who lives here now). The last time I saw him I was five and he was 12 so needless to say a lot has changed but it was so lovely to catch up over a coffee with Ruth and just get to chat a bit. I’ll see him again when I pass through Wanaka next week. 

It was a HOT day so after seeing Ross we took a wee walk along the water and decided to take a wee dip! The water was FFFFREEEEZING but so refreshing!! After drying in the sun for a wee while we carried on up the road. 

 

We stopped again at a few of the fantastic scenic lookouts and just revelled in how beautiful New Zealand is!


 

We got to fox about 6:30om and after buying some bits and bobs for dinner, and finding a campsite for the night we headed for an evening walk round lake Matheson, with out picnic and wine!! It only took about 2 hours, including food consumption, to get round the lake, and it was great to get in a good walk after effectively sitting on my bum all day! 

  


 

 


 

We were totally knackered when we got back to the tent abdvalthoifh I tried to read I kept falling asleep. I also just bullet pointed this blog post and I am now fluffing it out the next day!  All in all a really great day! Thanks for the company Ruth!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts