Springfield then the road trip South

Monday
Really long lie in till 10, then I had breakfast and watched my Netflix shows for a bit. Had a nice relaxing shower (and even shaved my legs for the first time in months haha)! I think the warm weather in finally here to stay so I’m guessing more days in shorts? Anyway I then reorganised my backpack with all my clean laundry and started packing my car properly too. With Frances’permission I searched for their tent, sleeping mat and sleeping bag because I’m hoping to do some camping in the next few weeks, not only is the weather better but the DoC (department of conservation) campsites are so cheap if not free!! Plus I love the flexibility that a tent can give you! 

Anyway after lunch I went for a walk down athe Kowai Bush teak near their house,  walked for about an hour then doubled back. My last yoga class for a wile started in Darfield at 6:30, and Geraldine the instructor was so lovely and sad to see me go. Franny had a rubbish day at work so we had some wine, made some more yummy white bait patty’s and salad and watched Eat Pray Love; the perfect feel good travel film! Left us both feeling lovely! 


 


Tuesday 14th Nov
I had another lie in, only till 9:30 today though and after breakfast and packing the rest of my stuff into the car I did a bit of research on what to see on the journey down to Queenstown, and for a campsite io stop at tonight so that I can split the 6 hour journey over two days. 

I left Springfield and took the road down from Springfield, through Darfield, down through Methven - where I topped up on fuel: a whole $80!! - then down through Geraldine almost as far as Twizel. I stopped at a campsite near Lake Pokake. I arrived by 5pm and got the tent pitched quite quickly then sat in the sun and had a couple of beers and a piece with Jam... mostly as I forgot to get anything to make dinner with but also cause I thought that I’d maybe pass somewhere to get dinner on the way. Anyway it worked out well as I wasn’t that hungry anyway. The campsite location was stunning and I took a wee walk along the lake on both directions from my tent, I chatted to a few other folk on route, but none that I fancied spending much more time talking to. I read my book until it got dark then I watched an episode on my iPad till I started falling asleep. Long day driving tomorrow so I tried to get some kip. 

 
 
 

Toilet with a view!! 

Comments

Popular Posts