Wairiri Buffalo Farm - Days 19, 20 & 21

Monday 30th 

Day off on Springfield, did a few wee jobs for Frances in her garden and just chilled out. I also managed to get to a computer and upload one of my full SD cards to the cloud. Watch this space for some decent Dslr images soon!!

Frances and Graeme were both at work so I had the house to myself which was a bit odd but as I’ve said a few times now, it feels like a home away from home. I didn’t feel like I had to do anything so my head and my body both had time to just chill out. I made some breakfast muffins with the Quark that lucy sent over with me, and did my laundry. The day was (I can’t believe I’m saying this already) too hot to sit in the sun around lunchtime so I caught up with some tv, and about 6:15 I headed to my yoga class!  It’s so good to get back into yoga, I can instantly feel the difference in my body, it starting to relax, and the weight of the tension in my back and shoulders lifting off as we work through the 1.5hr class. Everyone there is so nice too, and the leader, Geraldine, had a very good sense of the room and each lesson is tailored to suit the needs of the class. Just lovely!

I decided to stay an extra night in Springfield, I was just too relaxed after yoga to drive back to the farm (not that it’s so far!) and I wanted to sleep in that amazing bed one more night (since I could!). Frances of course was super excited to see me when she came home about 9:30 but she was also super tired after having been at work till then! We had a cup of tea as she wound down and caught up on each others days and then went to our beds. 

I also didn’t take any photos today!!? I know, what?!? I was just having a switch off day! :) 

Tuesday 31st Oct

About 10am I headed back to the farm and headed out straight away on arrival to make sure all the animals had water, as it was another hot day! The horses were fine and the buffalo/baby buffalo have a stream rubbing through their paddocks that they can drink from. I also took the babys some stretch water which they went nuts for, when they all eventually woke up from their siestas! 😂

 

After a coffee break I cleaned the dairy shed which I have now managed to do in just under 2.5 hours (depending on how much poop there is to tidy up!) today wasn’t too bad though so I was don’t in 2 hours 30ish. I was sweating buckets by the time I was done though so I had another wee break and enjoyed a muffin  and a cuppa in the sun on the deck. 

I stated to mow the lawn after lunch but ran out of fuel so that will have to wait till Thursday to be finished as I going into Methven tomorrow to go for s walk. 

Chloe was out Trick or Treating and Lucy was at a friends for dinner so Christo and I had a pizza and salad and put on a film. I was pretty exhausted through so went to bed about 9:45. 


Wednesday 1st Nov

I took Chloe into school today since I send going to walk the Methven Walkway. After dropping her off st the high school I went and got a coffee and some water and headed off on the 11km circular route around Methven. It was a scorcher of a day and it was a fantastic walk! :D

 
 



When i got back, just after 2pm, i fed the baby buffalo and moved the horses into a new paddock. Ruby the dog is my new shadow, and I'm loving her company!
In the evening after dinner i helped Lucy and Kim making Mozzarella again, and I'm definitely getting better :) I mean my involvement in the process is pretty minimal, the majority of it is dont by the time i get to the cheese room, i just help seal the Moza after Kim and Lucy shape them. Its such a creative and complicated process! I'll photograph it soon!



It was late by the time we finished and the three of us chilled out with a glass of wine and a piece of cake! A busy but cool day, I'm getting really into this cheese making and hoping to keep being involved in it for the next couple of weeks.



Comments

Popular Posts