Exploring Auckland - Day 2

Today it seriously felt like I was back in Scotland, in Glasgow to be specific. It was cold and wet all day, but I met a lot of friendly locals who were all very helpful and chatty!

I bought a new down jacket and a new NZ phone, and I'm wishing that I'd left the museum till today as that would have been a fab rainy day outing! Instead I reached the harbour and visited the fab Auckland Maritime Museum; informative but other than the Mฤori and Immigration exhibitions, I didn't really learn anything new. And it was freezing inside that building! 

 
Some nice things I saw 

I found a lovely wee restaurant by the harbour called The Nightingale where I had a mushroom burger (meh) and chips (yum!) for lunch before making my way back up the main street towards the hostel to read my book and chill for a bit, maybe I'll try and watch the most recent Game of Thrones (no spoilers please!!). This is NOT an afternoon for exploring!!


I am excited about heading out to my first farm tomorrow though! The lovely Ross family will be hosting me for the next week in a small town just outside of Auckland called Clevedon. They run a horse farm called Sterling Warmbloods. I will just be a general odd-job lady/farm hand while I'm there but very much looking forward to getting stuck in to any job they offer :)

I also made a friend at the hostel tonight while i was sitting in the lounge chilling! Well I met her quickly in yhthe shower room yesterday but properly chatted today (she's from the same area as one of my bast pals in the states!) Her name is Taylor, and I then made friends with her friend Hanna and we all went to Hanna's place to watch Game of thrones and drink beer! :D It was a really nice end to my couple of days in Auckland and I really hope I get to meet up with these ladies again cause they were a lot of fun! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Comments

Popular Posts