Singapore! Aug 2017

Hello!! This is going to be a bit of a pathetic post as I'm still pretty pooped with jet lag, and want to get to sleep so I don't miss my flight tomorrow!

I've arrived in Singapore and had a lovely two full(ish) days here, and I'm leaving for New Zealand tomorrow morning!

I have managed to see a LOT of Singapore in my short time here though, partially to do with that it's a very walkable city, and mostly to do with the fan-fricken-tastic public transport system they have here (the underground/train/bus system is so fast,cheap,clean,easy to navigate!!!). 

Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions on thing to see/do here, I think I've managed to see most of them! I've done too much to talk about them all (maybe I'll fill in a bit more later...haha...I'm optimistic right now but realistically I wont) 

So I'll give you my highlights (in no particular order): 

Gardens By the Bay- simply a joy to walk around! I particularly liked the Cloud Garden inside one of the huge gass domes! 








Meeting and having lunch with my friend from primary school Seumas Smith, who lives and works as a chef here now (so cool!) 



Little India - quirky little small streets full of great smells, colours and tastes! (Most of my photos here were taken on my film camera! 😅) 

Chinatown- The markets, the food, the history, the buildings...all great! Wish I had more time to explore it a bit better! (Again my photos are on film, or my big camera so I'll add some later!)

    

  
And lastly but by no means lest, my Singapore Sling at the Raffles Hotel!! Very, very great experience! I only wish I had been better dressed so that I could have felt even more like something out of an Agatha Christy novel! 

      


Comments

  1. Fantastic Fiona. I will live vicariously through you on your trip this year. 😁 xx Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts