Last day in Coromandel

(Sunday 24th) 

Another scorcher of a day, with spells of overcast cloudiness, but mostly sun! 
I knew I was going to be going on a wee road trip with Cindy in the afternoon so didn't get started with any jobs at the cafe. I sat in the sun and read my new (old) Agatha Christy book and had some brunch before Cindy showed up. 

  

She collected my from the cafe around 1:30 and we headed off in her hippy car towards Whangapoua Beach, and onwards to New Chum Beach. 

 

Even the drive from Coromandel town, over the mountain, is fan-fricken-tastic! No camera could do it justice!

First stop was overlooking Whangapoua Beach.




 

New Chum Beach is one of the last in developed beaches in NZ and it takes about a 25 min walk - around the rocky coast and then through a (really muddy) bush track, and only during low tide - to be able to get there. And seriously wow! It's great, it did remind me of a few beaches back home with the mass expanse of white sands and cliffs, but that these cliffs were covered and surrounded by wild Nz bush! Stunning! 

 
  
  
 

Cindy and I got back about 4:30, in time to say goodbye to the girls at work and to help Marijke tidy up the cafe a little before we headed home. We had a leaving meal of fish and chips (to match my welcome meal!) and unsurprisingly it did not disappoint!! A fantastic way to finish my time in Coromandel , and a lovely evening with Marijke in front of the fire, chatting and just chilling! 

 

Overall, I've had a blast in the Coromandel, it's been both relaxing and busy, allowing me to work up an sweat getting my hands dirty in the garden, while also enough time to just relax and catch my breath and really get into Coromandel life. I can definitely see myself coming back to the Coromandel for more time later in my visit. 

Comments

Popular Posts