Wow, How am I saying "goodbye Wanaka" already!?!

WOW, how time flies!! I cannot believe that over two months have passed since I arrived in Wanaka!!! I apologise for the break from blogging, some of you have been asking if I'm ok/still alive, and I didn't unite appreciate how many of you were following my blog until I stopped, so thanks everyone for reading my drivel since July!! 

So, what have I been up to? Well, a lot, and yet not much haha I'll only give a wee summary in this post though as I wouldn't want to bore anyone!

I settled into a regular routine fairly quickly; I told you lot about getting a room in a flats and getting a job; well this was pretty much my life for the past months, with as little variety added on the weekends. I worked full 9-6 days in the shop Monday to Friday with an occasional Saturday so I was quite tired, especially since I hadn't really had a routine like this in over 5 months ( it doesn't seem like a long time until you have 8:30 starts again and oh boy...hahah. Anyway Jess (the shop manager) and I became very good friends which was awesome but also sucked as we never had days off together!! We did manage to get a couple of days over those two months though and on one of those days we climbed Isthmus Peak together and Jess' cousins were in town so they joined us. These views are quite typical on NZ....jealous yet? 









I also became close friends with my flatmates, and although we didn't hang out much outside of the flat (due to conflicting work schedules mostly) we did hand out a lot in the flat and had lots of laughter and silliness and good conversations there! We'd sometimes go off on little adventures together too though, when we were all free and had no plans (like I said, rare!) very fun on those odd occasions! We all got on well as flatmates too, they are all lovely, generous, MENTAL and amazing people who are lots of fun and I really hope that we remain friends in the future! 








The biggest news though, which I guess most folk may have already seen on Facebook (despite my thinking that it was on the DL) is that I met a man out here! We met at Fitzies, which if you know Wanaka at all isn't usually a very good start to a romantic love story, but ours is nice and had a better outcome than most haha it's this Irish bar in town. His name is Rhys, he's a chef, he cooks for me, he has a beautiful beard and a big heart. We have lots of fun and that's all you really need to know 😉☺️ he's another reason I've not been blogging, been busy doing stuff with him in my spare time. A pretty good excuse though I think...😁 ok enough soppiness! Haha here are some annoyingly cute pics ;) haha


  

    

Through Rhys I have also met a whole bunch of other cool people, the 'Kika Crew' haha these mixed bunch of beautiful crazy folk are so much fun and I spent most of my social 'evening nigh life' with haha too much fun!! I can now say that I have friends that totally scatter the globe (except that they're all in Wanaka still) haha drill its so cool the connections I've made in such a short time! 

 

I don't wanna get too soppy, but it was very hard leaving Wanaka. I've made some really close and beautiful friendships here, and one more-than-friend-ship ;) but also I just felt like I was getting into a good routine and everything was going so good at work and at home....I didn't feel like my time here was done. I was very sad to leave actually and was very emotional driving back up to Springfield to to take my car back and the whole next day I was in a weird hazy dreamworld. But as I keep telling everyone else, it's not goodbye, it's a see you very soon!!!!

 

Comments

Popular Posts