Auckland again, and goodbye New Zealand!

This has been a weird week, and a weird few days in New Zealand. I spent it back in Clevedon where I spent my first week in New Zealand back in August. It was really lovely to be back in the Auckland country out with the horses and the lovely folk who live and work there.  I loved hanging out with Dermot and Sheena, and Pippa and Allan, and it was nice to fall back into an old routines. The manual work was also good to take my mind of missing Wanaka and my friends there, my boy in particular....but I'm not making this into a mopey post :) 


It was great following Kate around again, helping her with the horses. Always interesting, and entertaining. 



Kate also invited myself and Anne, another young german lady who is WWOOFing for the farm, over for dinner. She made a beautiful meal for us and it was such great fun, and good company.  Also I got to hang out with nacho the adorable staffie! 

 

Most of the week the weather was cloudy and a bit rainy so I was quite looking forward to heading to the states. 



  

Than all of a sudden, wow it's my last day in New Zealand!?! How did that happen! Too many wonderful things to mention, too many beautiful friendships made that in grateful for, sooo many magnifisent places that I've visited,  way way too many things and people to be thankful for to possibly mention them all (but I hope you all know who you are! 😘). It had been an absolutely fantastic 9 months, THANK YOU NEW ZEALAND, it's reinforced and added to a continuing a love affair with this country that I know will last a lifetime, and I'll be back VERY soon!!!  


Next step, LA, then Nashville for the start of Nikki s month of wedding fun!!





Comments

Popular Posts